Call Us (800) 622-7723View Cart
Debugging your application in Flex -- NATIVELY!
If you are developing an application using Flex, you can debug your application NATIVELY within the Flex debugger with valid mProjector return values and full desktop functionality.
The trick to debugging in Flex is to change your "launch configuration" target to be the mProjector application created from your Flex SWF instead of the standard Flex web application. Once modified, you can can run your application using the "Run" menu or run/debug buttons in the Flex Debugging workspace.
- In the Flex Navigator view, select a project. Build your SWF.
- Open mProjector and build your application with the project's debug SWF. If your project name is HelloWorld, your debug swf with be called "bin-debug/HelloWorld.swf" by default.
- Open the Create, Manage, and Run Configurations dialog box.With a project file open in the code editor, right-click (Control-click on Macintosh) to display the pop-up menu and select Run As > Run or Debug As > Debug.
The Create, Manage, and Run Configurations dialog box appears.
- Select the launch configuration to edit. A number of configurations may be listed if you have other projects in the workspace, if you've set other project files as application files, or if other Eclipse plug-ins are installed. By default, the first time you run a project, Flex Builder creates a project-specific launch configuration, which is based on the default Flex application launch configuration.
- Click the "Main" tab, uncheck the "Use defaults" check box and enter the path to your mProjector application. For the Mac, add "/Contents/MacOS/mPlayer" to the end of the application path.
- To "Run" your application from inside Flex repeat steps 2-6 with your non-debug content, in this case with a new application using "bin-release/HelloWorld.swf".
- After any changes to your ActionScript, recompile your SWF, rebuild your application in mProjector, and relaunch your app in the Flex Debugger.
First build your swf. Then open mProjector and build your application with the project's debug SWF.
|Questions or Feedback?||Previous ||
- AS2 Migration
- Getting Started - Flash
- Debugging in Flash
- Building your application from inside Flash
- Getting Started - Flex
- Debugging in Flex
- Using mProjector - Compile Your SWF into an Appli
- Customizing The About Window
- Debugging Your Application
- Launching Application at Startup
- Mac vs. Windows Application Development
- Dynamic Window Creation
- Application Basics
- mProjector Class Basics
- Add Remove Programs Control Panel
- Fullscreen and Center
- Check Connection and Download File
- Choose Files
- Creating an Installer
- Creating and Controlling Multiple Windows
- Cut, Copy, and Paste (Windows)
- Desktop Shortcut and Start Menu Support
- Drag and Drop Files
- Embedding HTML and other Media types
- Flash-Shaped Windows
- Message Box
- Open Documents
- Project Files
- Reading and Writing to Hard Drive
- Startup Application
- Wallpaper and Screensaver
- Window to Window Communications
- Working with Included Files
- Context Sensitive Menus
- Alert User
- Screen Resolution